We are NOT of this world. Peter and Paul said it well…
- “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”(1 Peter 2:9 ESV).
- “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:20 ESV).
Being human, as most of us are, we often forget these verses, especially when things get tough. Any time there is conflict, mountain sized problems, or people who seem out to get us, the human response is often fight or flight. Most people will either run or do battle. In fact, God lays out terms for our spiritual warfare in Ephesians 6:10-20. However, what we, as Christ followers, need to realize is that we serve a God whose is sovereign, and we must never forget…
The Battle Is the Lord’s…
- “And they were helped against them… for they cried to God in the battle, and he was entreated of them; because they put their trust in him.” (I Chronicles 5:20)
- “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.” (II Chronicles 16:9)
- “…Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.” (II Chronicles 20:15)
- …Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. (Exodus 14:13, 14)
- Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ…. (II Corinthians 2:14)
- “And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.” (II Chronicles 14:11)
- “Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.” (Psalm 60:12)
- “He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.” (Psalm 55:18)
- “For the LORD hath driven out from before you great nations and strong: but as for you, no man hath been able to stand before you unto this day. One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.” (Joshua 23:9, 10)
- “…Our God shall fight for us.” (Nehemiah 4:20)
- “Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you.” (Deuteronomy 3:22)
- “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.” (Psalm 118:6, 7)
- “When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle…let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; for the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.” (Deuteronomy 20:1-4)
- “With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles.” (II Chronicles 32:8)
- “…Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Zechariah 4:6)
- “And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hands.” (I Samuel 17:47)
Keep looking up!